In the current Asset Management Rating 2016, Scope Ratings awarded the KanAm Grund Group an A+AMR rating and, in addition, once again confirmed the positioning of the Group among the top 5 providers of open-end real estate funds in Germany. The KanAm Grund Group has established itself as a real estate asset manager among private and institutional investors through an extremely high degree of transaction and asset management competence. From the point of view of Scope, the KanAm Grund Group demonstrates its innovative strength and market expertise through its new products, LEADING CITIES INVEST and the special institutional KanAm Grund Europa fund. The reorganization of February 1, 2016 has seen the Group expand its international offer, and it is now undergoing a transformation from a German real estate funds issuing company to an international funds and real estate asset manager.
Frankfurt am Main-based KanAm Grund Group Retains its A+ Scope Asset Management Rating in June 2014.
Scope Asset Management Rating (06/2016)*
SCOPE Asset Management Rating 2015
The rating agency SCOPE also awarded the KanAm Grund Group an A+AMR rating (Good) in 2015 for its high quality in asset management. It highlighted in particular the extremely high level of transaction and asset management competence as an established real estate asset manager among private and institutional investors and proven expertise in the office markets of Western European cities and North America in this respect. From the point of view of Scope, the KanAm Grund Group demonstrates its innovative strength and market expertise through the new LEADING CITIES INVEST and KanAm Grund Europa products. This rating enabled the KanAm Grund Group to once again confirm its position among the top 5 providers of open-end real estate funds.
SCOPE Asset Management Rating 2014
The well-known Berlin rating agency Scope Analysis GmbH has renewed its high (A+) asset management rating for the KanAm Grund Group. This confirms the Group’s continuing position as one of the top five providers of open-ended real estate funds in 2014.
The Scope Asset Management Rating
In Scope’s latest survey, »Open-Ended Real Estate Fund Ratings 2014 – Survey of Alternative Investment Funds«, the KanAm Grund Group was again ranked among the top five providers of rated open-ended real estate funds. According to Scope, the asset management ratings reflect the quality of asset management companies across different asset classes and investment volumes. The analysis covers both qualitative and quantitative criteria, and the rating agency says it places particular emphasis on asset managers’ corporate structures and funding, forward-looking strategy, management expertise, investment processes, compliance, and risk management. The track record and performance of the investment products launched and the investment property managed is also analyzed and summarized in the rating together with these other aspects.
According to Scope, the KanAm Grund Group has established itself in the German market as a real estate asset manager for retail and institutional investors, something it has achieved »through outstanding investment expertise and property management. The privately-owned group has well-developed core expertise in the office markets of large Western European cities, in particular Paris and London, and in North America, which are underpinned by branch offices«.
- The summary of the rating statement continues: »The key challenges are to successfully continue fund liquidation and to step up intensive communication of new products to investors. Although the Group has a high-quality in-house sales organization with an open structure, the liquidation of three fund products was necessary in the course of the crisis in the open-ended real estate fund industry.«
- Scope also again drew attention to the KanAm Grund Group’s above-average transparency during the liquidation of its previous open-ended real estate funds, while also stressing the group's pioneering role in launching the first new-generation open-ended real estate fund, LEADING CITIES INVEST: »Here the KanAm Grund Group is demonstrating noteworthy transparency and above-market returns for investors. Based on the provisions of the »Kapitalanlagegesetzbuch« (KAGB - German Investment Code), the KanAm Grund Group is pioneering the launch of a new-generation open-ended real estate fund for retail investors. The first investment for this was made at the beginning of the year, in line with the investment focus. A special fund with a European orientation and other focused products for institutional investors are under development or in preparation.«
Scope Asset Management Rating March 2013
In assessing the high quality as part of the KanAm Grund Group's asset management rating, Scope's jury came to the following conclusions, among other things:
- “The special quality of the asset management is derived from the very high level of in-house expertise along the entire value chain. In particular, the intensive leasing and portfolio management support provided for the properties and the structural engineering can be seen in the outstanding leasing rates and the associated quality of the properties.”
- The KanAm Grund Group was also positively commended for its international presence in the focus markets through its Paris office and its subsidiary in Atlanta.
- Scope attributed the Group’s management as having a “very high level of real estate and sector expertise.”
- It additionally praised the “very high level of transaction expertise, particularly the recent sales in the difficult market environment.”